Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Place Where Everybody Can Have Soul!!!!

Beacon is a very small and cute town Since I have moved here 5 years ago I have watched Main St grow. While the small town does have a few quaint spots to eat the one thing we lacked was a good ole down south soul food spot, that is until last week. Married couple Micol and Annagjid recently took over the Bona Grill located on 469 Fishkill Ave in Beacon. After a lot of hard work and late hours renovating, last week Virgo's Sip N Soul Cafe was open for business. Not only did they add a menu but they brought a mixture of class and soul into the old place, they have a decent size menu with daily specials. The menu consists of items to please any type of eating habit, from fried chicken, to fish, to pulled pork, to even a veggie plate, to name a few. They have the usual soul food sides such as mac n cheese, cabbage, collard greens and what I call smack your mama yams. And of course what would a soul food dinner be without corn bread? so with every dinner you will receive a slice of homemade corn bread to enjoy. Last Friday I purchased my 1st meal for myself and my children, I must tell you I was surprisingly impressed. The food is not only cooked fresh but let me tell you this is good ole down south soul food cooking. I prided myself on my yams and anyone who has tasted my cooking will tell you the same, well I'm not afraid to admit this place has put my yams to shame. My children who are very picky eaters even enjoyed the food and although they would never admit it to me for fear of me never cooking for them again ;-) they even really enjoyed the yams. In chatting with Micol he stated that they have a great support system and this is a family affair, he also stated that they have plans and ideas of hosting different events like a Karaoke night. As of right now hours of operation are as follows; dining hours Thurs-Sun 11am-9:30pm, lounge hours Mon-Sunday 12pm-until. My first reaction was these people are brave this Country is in a recession who would dare open a place during this time. But after tasting the food and chatting with the owners I realize it's not bravery but faith they possess, and faith is sometimes all you need. Combining their faith with great food, inviting, and pleasant atmosphere, friendly people, and a whole lotta soul you get Virgo's Sip N Soul Cafe, which by the way I learned got it's name because both Micol & Annagjid are both Virgo's. So the next time your hungry don't forget about Virgo's Sip N Soul Cafe A Place Where Everybody Can Have Soul. Remember to taste the yams I promise you that you won't be disappointed, You can also phone in your orders for pick up by calling (845) 831-1543.





So Just so we're clear I'm rating this Spot as HOT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment